Monday, June 30, 2014

Pretty quiet day today. Actually first day to myself in a very long time so I walked around Aix-en-Provence for several hours trying not to get lost. really felt like I was in a Dr Who episode where the streets kept moving around when I turned my head. Found some really interesting churches and hidden market places. Not sure i could find my way back though. I think this was the first time I was wandering alone in a place where I don't know the language. Thought there were several literacy analogies there.

In one way it is safe and fine. Probably. But uncomfortable and scary a little. Mine lasted a few hours but for a person without literacy. It becomes a way of life

Tonight there is a reception so I had better start thinking about what to wear. Tomorrow I will try to take a walking tour of the city

No comments:

Post a Comment